[hibernate-dev] Updated JDKs on ci.hibernate.org

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Feb 9 09:12:50 EST 2015

All tests relating to Lucene which use the FSDirectory are failing
because of an issue the Lucene team already reported.
That obviously "kills" the Hibernate Search testsuite, but also
created a couple of failures with Hibernate OGM.

Sorry for the noise, I'll disable both until we get to know what fix
will be needed.

It's a controversial issue, as the Lucene was taking advantage of a
not-explicitly documented semantic of NIO to flush all files of a
directory in a single atomic operation, but requesting a flush on the
File instance which represents the Directory.
The JDK now disallows this; I'm not sure yet if Lucene will need to
find an alternative flushing strategy or rather if the OpenJDK team
will reconsider.

Sanne