[hibernate-dev] Sequence Pool

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Feb 11 09:23:08 EST 2015

First, this is a list for discussing the development of the Hibernate
projects, not for user/usage questions.

As to your question... Yes 50 was an unfortunately choice as the default
within the spec group.  At the moment there is no global "ignore the
specified increment value" setting, and even though you did not explicitly
specify it the way annotations and the JDK work we have no way of telling
that[1].

I'd be open to this as a Feature Request.

[1] To code consuming annotations @SequenceGenerator(name="blah") and
@SequenceGenerator(name="blah", increment=50) look exactly the same.  Well,
there is *a* way, but it requires us using Jandex (or similar annotation
processing library) that parses the source representation of the
annotation.  Then @SequenceGenerator(name="blah") and
@SequenceGenerator(name="blah", increment=50) look different in terms of
the value for increment.  I have tentatively scheduled looking at moving to
Jandex for 5.0, or 5.1, or 6.0