[hibernate-dev] in.relation.to error when posting a new blog entry

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 13 04:53:21 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 06:57:55AM +0000, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> I suspect it's a broken foreign key on MySQL, hopefully the error message
> will have some details? Some table maintenance should do the trick.

Do you literally talk about the table maintenance commands like
REPAIR TABLE (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/table-maintenance-sql.html),
or do you have something else in mind?

Is it not a bit dangerous to let the uninitiated work against the prod database?
Is there at least a nightly or at least regular copy of the database which can be
restored in case something goes wrong? And if so where is it and how do I get hold
of it?

--Hardy