[hibernate-dev] Could UUID be one of the default strategy when AUTO is requested

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 19 08:33:48 EST 2015

Hey,

I am throwing an idea, let me know what you think.
If the return type of the id property of an entity is either String or UUID, could we automatically consider one fo the uuid strategy as the one matching AUTO?

It would be useful for Hibernate OGM but I am also thinking that it makes equal sense to Hibernate ORM users.

Thoughts? I’m sure there are incompatibilities I have not think of.

Emmanuel