[hibernate-dev] [Hibernate Search] Donating some of our source code to Infinispan

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 26 10:05:39 EST 2015

One angle that is a bit unclear to me is how easy is this consumable and discoverable by our users.

Some in this thread mentioned creating a separate repository. I see this as a massive ease of use problem if the user is exposed to finding the right version of each of these three libs. Likewise for documentation, project identity, etc.

I think the merge of this piece of code into Infinispan does not create too much of a problem in that regard. The main issue is that as an Hibernate Search user, I don’t know which Infinispan to target. And an Infinispan user does not really care for the most part about an explicit HSearch usage outside Infinispan query.

BTW will the documentation on HSearch integration with Infinispan Lucene Directory remain in HSearch’s doc or be copied in Infinispan’s?

Emmanuel