[hibernate-dev] [Search] SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlaveUsingInfinispanAs2ndCacheAndModulesIT failing on Mac

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 30 11:12:58 EST 2015

Hi,

for a couple days my master build of Search is broken. The integration test SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlaveUsingInfinispanAs2ndCacheAndModulesIT
fails:

Failed tests:
SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlaveUsingInfinispanAs2ndCacheAndModulesIT>SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlave.searchNewMembersAfterSynchronizationOnSlave1:107->SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlave.assertSearchResult:131 Unexpected number of results from search expected:<1> but was:<0>
SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlaveUsingInfinispanAs2ndCacheAndModulesIT>SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlave.searchNewMembersAfterSynchronizationOnSlave2:116->SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlave.assertSearchResult:131 Unexpected number of results from search expected:<1> but was:<0>
SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlaveUsingInfinispanAs2ndCacheAndModulesIT.secondLevelCacheShouldBeActive:50 Second level cache not enabled

A full build log is here [1]. Does anyone have an idea what it could be. AFAICT this test just extends SearchNewEntityJmsMasterSlave
and adds very little to it. Other sub-classes of this test pass. Then again, it is damn hard to tell what is actually supposed to
happen and why. I had a quick check of the server log files as well, but nothing which really sticks out, except maybe a JGroups
warning about a buffer size.

This is all related to the changes for HSEARCH-1324 [2].

As indicated in the subject, this seems to be a Mac problem (Linux works, don't know about Windows). My environment is:

Apache Maven 3.2.3 (33f8c3e1027c3ddde99d3cdebad2656a31e8fdf4; 2014-08-11T22:58:10+02:00)
Maven home: /opt/java/maven
Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.10.1", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

Any ideas moving forward? Is it worth the effort to get to the bottom of this or is it a possibility to disable the
test?

--Hardy

[1] https://gist.github.com/emmanuelbernard/853e712094365cee7205
[2] https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HSEARCH-1324