[hibernate-dev] WildFly BeanValidationCdiIntegrationTestCase test failure with ORM 5

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 08:58:53 EDT 2015

Here are a few different call stacks:

1.  http://pastebin.com/ZiZL5vEh shows the call stack when running
against the WildFly master branch (with ORM 4.3.x) and the @Inject works
(the test
org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.beanvalidation.cdi.CustomMinValidator.setMinimumValueProvider()
method is being called in the call stack).

2.  http://pastebin.com/ApYVvUHL shows the NPE that I get on the
https://github.com/scottmarlow/wildfly/tree/hibernate5_july2 branch to
run the BeanValidationCdiIntegrationTestCase.  The NPE occurs because
the
org.jboss.as.test.integration.jpa.beanvalidation.cdi.CustomMinValidator.setMinimumValueProvider()
is not called.

On 07/08/2015 08:33 AM, Gunnar Morling wrote:
> Scott, could you update the Gist with the complete stack trace you got?
> It seems to only contains parts of it.

I captured the call stack http://pastebin.com/WrdD91Hr right before
stepping into the call to private method
org.hibernate.validator.internal.cdi.ValidatorFactoryBean#createConstraintValidatorFactory()
which is called from
ValidatorFactoryBean.create(CreationalContext<ValidatorFactory> ctx).