[hibernate-dev] "master" branch for Hibernate Search is now aiming at 5.4

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 1 15:43:07 EDT 2015

I'm in the process of releasing Hibernate Search 5.3.0.CR1.

This time, we won't wait for the Final release for branching to the
next development iteration: "master" is now version 5.4.0-SNAPSHOT and
you're all welcome to start proposing pull requests meant for 5.4.

Since 5.3.0.CR1 is a candidate release, we don't expect further
changes other than some overdue documentation polishing, to be merged
both in master and branch "5.3".
Of course if regressions are reported we'll re-evaluate the plan,
otherwise I will release 5.3.0.Final the 10th of June.

So for the current work sprint please look at both issues targeting
"5.4" and "5.3.0.Final".

 = https://hibernate.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%2010061%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.4
 = https://hibernate.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%2010061%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%205.3.0.Final

The main goal for 5.4 is to be compatible with Hibernate ORM 5: as
soon as that's integrated we'll publish an Alpha.. hopefully just in a
couple of days.

Thanks,