[hibernate-dev] HSearch + Tika bridge using Wildfly modules

Brett Meyer brmeyer at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 22:27:39 EDT 2015

> It would surprise me. We delegate to the ORM classloader, and it's
> well tested to load dependencies from the user module. My experience
> with the jboss-deployment-structure XML file is more limited, I'd
> rather suspect the dependency definition is not done correctly?
> For example, I remember some users to mention on the forums that you'd
> need to specify <sub-deployment> elements carefully depending on your
> exact deployment structure:
>  https://developer.jboss.org/thread/248888?tstart=0#917815
>
> But if you have just a WAR, I wouldn't expect that.. happy to help
> debugging it? Could you share the exact stacktrace, or even better do
> you have test?

Right, since this is a WAR and not an EAR, the sub-deployment discussion wouldn't be applicable.

Stack: https://gist.github.com/brmeyer/5bb39097d76d2e45d856

An isolated test case might be a bit tricky.  But, I'm more than happy to package up this specific WAR and demo what happens...

> That's what we normally expect people to do, also the reason why we
> didn't have this optional dependency.

If I do not deploy the Tika module and instead explicitly include tika-core and tika-parser JARs in my WAR, the same error occurs.  Ditto if my specific JAR *provides* the Tika dependencies.  If what you're saying is true, where Search is leaning on the WAR and Hibernate's classloaders, I'd assume one of those two would work, right?

Thanks!