[hibernate-dev] 2nd level cache tuning on WildFly

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 08:50:53 EDT 2015

Hi Sanne,

By default, each entity gets its own cache in both standalone and WF. WF might only expose the configuration for "entity" cache, but internally, each entity gets a new cache that has the configuration of "entity".

If you want for a particular entity type to have different cache settings, you might be able to modify them directly in the Hibernate configuration itself via properties [1] ("hibernate.cache.infinispan.cfg" would not apply within WF)

Otherwise, right now yeah, you'd need to define a cache in the persistence cache container, and assign that cache name to your entity, again defined in [1].

For standalone envs, you can reference the XML from the Hibernate configuration, but yeah, I see your point of having an easier way to define the cache from the deployment configuration itself. This could potentially done in such way that can be used for both standalone and WF. Can you create an HHH for this?

Cheers,

[1] http://infinispan.org/docs/7.2.x/user_guide/user_guide.html#_advanced_configuration_2

--
Galder Zamarreño