[hibernate-dev] HHH-9857 - Reuse of EntityEntry for bytecode enhanced read-only reference cached entities

John O'Hara johara at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 08:03:06 EDT 2015

For our use case, bytecode enhanced reference cached immutable entities,
our top object for memory allocation is EntityEntry.

We see an EntityEntry object created every time an immutable entity is
added to a persistence context.

In our use case, where we know the entity is immutable and we already
have an EntityEntry cached, can we re-use the EntityEntry between
sessions? This would reduce the allocation rate of EntityEntry in our
use case by ~50%.

--
John O'Hara
johara at redhat.com

JBoss, by Red Hat
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in UK and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903 Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons (USA) and Michael O'Neill (Ireland).