[hibernate-dev] Query handling : Antlr 3 versus Antlr 4

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Jun 17 08:47:52 EDT 2015

This seems very similar to what I had in mind with the decorator stuff. The
decorating elements would represent that manually implemented semantic tree.

In the end it probably doesn't even matter whether the elements of that
tree would have links to the parse tree elements they originated from or
whether that tree is completely "stand-alone". As you say, we'd
traverse/alter it with our own listeners. In my understanding that's as
good as it gets with Antlr4.