[hibernate-dev] [Hibernate Search] Validating the Sort field

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 12 09:21:42 EDT 2015

A forums user asked why we don't validate the Sort field being set on
a FullTextQuery.

I've tried to summarize some of the reasons of why it's a complex
thing, still it's something worth considering.

Let's keep it in mind as yet another reason to try intercept which
fields are being written by custom FieldBridge instances?

Considering the special needs of a Sort field - being unique, being
fieldcacheable/documentValues enabled, maybe we should even consider
that adding them should have its own API, maybe even dedicated mapping
annotations.
Or other ideas very welcome.

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1038601

Thanks,