[hibernate-dev] Hibernate support for JSR-354?

Elliot Huntington elliot.huntington at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:59:55 EDT 2015

Hi,

It looks like JSR-354 is progressing nicely and might be included in Java
9. It also looks like the SpringFramework is actively working on including
binding and formatting support for this JSR (
https://jira.spring.io/browse/SPR-12209). Has there been any discussion for
Hibernate to support an out of the box UserType to support persisting a
MonetaryAmount?

I am in the process of writing my own solution but this is the first
UserType I've created and I hope someone here can help me with it. I posted
a question on StackOverflow (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29084830/multi-column-usertype-comparable-operations-not-working)
about how to customize the sql query that is generated by hibernate for a
custom multi-column UserType. I'm hoping someone reading this mailing list
will be able to provide a helpful answer.

Thank you,
Elliot Huntington