[hibernate-dev] Question about Jandex composite indexes passed into via "hibernate.jandex_index" and whether ORM keeps a strong reference to Jandex indexes after deployment...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 09:40:52 EDT 2015

Steve,

Wildfly-dev [1] brings up a change expected for WildFly 10, to not
reference the Jandex indexes after deployment completes.  I'm curious if
our current/planned ORM 5.0 jandex using code, keeps a reference to the
passed in "hibernate.jandex_index"?

How how hard would it be for ORM, to only reference the composite Jandex
index during application deployment time?  Deployment time ends when
PersistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory() returns.

Scott

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2015-March/003679.html