[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Demarcating units of work

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed May 6 05:43:19 EDT 2015

Making the user work with a Transaction API even though the storage
doesn't implement it "at all" isn't a novelty of OGM. Remember MySQL's
MyISAM ?
It's supported by Hibernate, and while InnoDB might be on the rise
compared to MyISAM, it's not dead.

The range of transactional capabilities of different engines varies a
lot in many subtle details which are hard to classify under a single
standard API; In my view not supporting any transactional capability
is just a very low form of transaction capabilities :)

I would totally agree with you that this is a concrete and interesting
problem to solve, but I don't think it's something for OGM to do.

Sanne