[hibernate-dev] Another pull request for supporting Infinispan 7.2.1 in 4.3

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Wed May 13 20:43:51 EDT 2015

I don't think I fully understand Gradle ResolutionStrategy. [1]

I'm looking for something that could be used to change test runtime dependencies, without rebuilding the hibernate-infinspan jar. I'm not proficient enough with Gradle to know if ResolutionStrategy can be used for that, I'll have to look into it after 4.3.10.Final is released.

I did some experimenting though and found that by making the following change in libraries.gradle, I can test with a different version of Infinispan:

-    infinispanVersion = '6.0.0.Final'
+    infinispanVersion =  project.hasProperty( 'infinispanVersion' ) ? infinispanVersion : '6.0.0.Final'

I can force Hibernate to test using Infinispan 7.2.1.Final with the 7.2 test configuration using the command:
../gradlew test -PinfinispanVersion=7.2.1.Final -Dhibernate.cache.infinispan.cfg=src/test/resources/infinispan-7-configs.xml

Unfortunately, it forces source/test code to be rebuilt using Infinispan 7.2.1.Final. I would really like to be able to test using the hibernate-infinispan jar built using Infinispan 6.0.0.Final as a build dependency, because WildFly will be using the Hibernate 4.3.10.Final jar built with Infinispan 6.0.0.Final.

I'm going to move forward with releasing 4.3.10.Final and revisit this later.

Thanks everyone for your help on getting 4.3 to work with Infinispan 7.2.1.Final. It is very much appreciated.

Gail

[1] http://gradle.org/docs/current/dsl/org.gradle.api.artifacts.ResolutionStrategy.html