[hibernate-dev] Checkstyle and ORM

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon May 18 10:58:46 EDT 2015

On 18 May 2015 at 15:23, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Note that custom checkstyle rule implementations does not fare well with IDE checkstyle rules enforcement.
> I can't make it reliably work on search and OGM.

As far as I remember the problem was related with having the
customisations as part of the project which is being built.
I'd hope one day we could publish a common set of rules by releasing
the custom as an independent project, consumed by all. We could try
that already for some projects, and see if the others catch up
eventually? They don't even have to use the same XML so there is some
room for customizing which rules exactly each project wants to
enforce.

I'm not sure if that will resolve your problem but it's worth trying;
it could also slightly speed up the builds by a couple of seconds, as
you wouldn't have to rebuild the checkstyle module each time.