[hibernate-dev] Release announcements

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu May 28 14:24:08 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 05:28:15PM +0200, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> > On 28 May 2015, at 16:06, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> >
> > The "next gen blog" has been "coming" for years.  That's not a dig at anyone, just a simple point that I'd rather plan based on options I have today rather than options that I will have at some indeterminate date.  Unless you can tell me definitively when the new blog system is going to be available....
> >

> It’s there alright https://github.com/hibernate/in.relation.to and we have a set of opened issues on WEBSITE to bring it to market. Looks like we are ~ 4 weeks worth of effort from a first version that is good to go. We did make some good progress ~ 2 months ago. We have a window of opportunity somewhere in august and one somewhere in October (we do work on “content and infra” by slices).
>
> So not “next week”, but not millions of ORM releases in the future either.

My take on this is that we should finish it now. I know we made a "plan", but plans which are so rigid that they
cannot be adjusted to changing circumstances are imo no good plans. IMO the website should have been in the focus
of this iteration of "content and infra", but afaict nothing happened. I understand Steve's point of view here.

--Hardy