[hibernate-dev] Bytecode interception and attribute name versus attribute index

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Nov 12 10:07:02 EST 2015

But see that is exactly the problem.  That cannot work.  You want us to
delay enhancement until after the persisters are built.  But building the
persisters requires access to the Class.  But by that time since we have
the Class reference we can no longer enhance it.  It's a chicken-egg
problem.

What I suggest longer term is a slight variation, where we drive the
"indexing" based on the mapping model.  Actually that also will not work as
the code is today.  Really what I'd like to do is to leverage the
jandex-binding work.  Specifically there we have a Jandex-driven
pre-parsing of the domain model (including XML augmentation).  That model
would be perfect for this.