[hibernate-dev] Hibernate documentation on GitHub

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Nov 13 16:39:13 EST 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 3:30 PM Hardy Ferentschik <hardy at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 02:36:13PM +0000, Steve Ebersole wrote:
> > I think it makes sense to host these on hibernate.org *after* we figure
> out
> > the version-specific content issues I brought up in Barcelona.
>
> What issues are you talking about. I know you want to link to different
> versions of the documentation from hibernate.org. AFAIK you already
> started
> with it and made some progress.

I made progress on version-specific documentation.  But there is really all
kinds of version-specific data-points on the website in addition to
documentation.  Rather than me cobbling it together piecemeal for each data
point, I proposed that we consider an overall strategy for version specific
information on the website.

> > However, I am kind of torn.  Unless I misunderstand that would mean
> moving
> > the sources out of the upstream projects into the hibernate.org git
> repo.
>
> Really, why is that?

What's the other option?  Keeping it upstream, building the docs and
somehow pushing those built artifacts into the hibernate.org git repo?  Or
do y'all mean defining a scp/ftp/rsync dir on the actual box?  Because
today we seem to strive for scriptable rebuilding...