[hibernate-dev] OGM on WildFly11 ...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 10:14:18 EDT 2015

Hi,

After our discussion last week about improving OGM use on WildFly (by
adding a Jipijapa integration adapter for OGM), I wanted to share some
feedback.

A few years ago, we decided that having a 1-1 (bidirectional) dependency
between ORM + the Jipijapa adapter was okay. With OGM, we need to
discuss again.  I think that our choices are to update ORM properties
that identify class names, to also allow a class instance to be
specified.  This doesn't have to be all ORM integration properties but
likely should include the ones currently set by Jipijapa.

hibernate.cache.region.factory_class is currently used by Jipijapa to
specify the name of the cache region factory class name. I think this
implies that the Hibernate ORM classloader will need access to the
Jipijapa supplied class (as mentioned above). Currently, in WildFly 10,
the ORM module (org.hibernate:main) depends on the
org.hibernate.jipijapa-hibernate5:main module to resolve this class.

Some alternatives to changing hibernate.cache.region.factory_class to
allow a class to be specified:

1.  OGM could bundle the ORM classes or depend on a duplicate ORM module
(with a dependency on a jipi_ogm module).

2.  OGM could avoid using the 2lc on WildFly.

Any preferences or suggestions?

Scott