[hibernate-dev] OGM on WildFly11 ...

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Oct 21 11:43:13 EDT 2015

On 21 October 2015 at 16:37, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/2015 10:48 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>>
>> Hi Scott,
>> I would prefer to have ORM accept instances, and so not need the
>> bi-directional dependency across modules.
>>
>> Hibernate OGM already bundles/depends on some ORM classes but it would
>> be much better for everyone if we could keep flexibility about which
>> versions exactly.
>>
>> Regarding 2LC: is the RegionFactory the only thing which is currently
>> being injected as classname rather than instance?
>

> Yes, that is the only classname setting that Jipijapa depends on currently.
>
>> If so I think this would be acceptable for a first preview version,
>> but I'd still prefer we could clean that up soon.
>

> We could start by not specifying the RegionFactory in the Jipijapa-OGM.
>

>> In terms of module dependencies: Jipijapa/OGM should depend on a (user
>> selectable) slot of Hibernate OGM. The Hibernate OGM module will
>> export the dependency of Hibernate ORM which it targets, so the
>> Jipijapa/OGM module would not need to depend directly on any ORM
>> module.
>

> As of yet, I don't think that Jipijapa-OGM needs to depend directly on any
> OGM classes (biggest initial improvement is to specify the SCANNER so we
> automatically recognize entity classes in VFS based deployments).

You're talking about compile time: yes you should be able to compile
Jipijapa-OGM by simply having Maven point to the correct version of
Hibernate ORM.

But I'm pointing out that the module XML definition should *not*
depend on the hibernate-orm main slot, but only to the slot containing
the configured Hibernate OGM module:
this way the OGM module packager can specify which ORM version to use,
and export that to clients like jipijapa-ogm and/or end users.

Thanks,
Sanne