[hibernate-dev] A few questions about Search 5.5.0

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:31:41 EDT 2015

Hi Sanne,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> But: AFAIR pre-4 support was entirely dropped, this additional
> dependency is only useful for indexes created between 4.0 to 5.0. You
> never fully rebuilt the indexes since Lucene 3.x?

Probably not - we haven't changed the indexation rules for a while. Lucene
4 support was not added that long ago in Search IIRC.

> Sorry for not mentioning this in the migration guide, I forgot but
> also I do generally assume that people will need to reindex anyway for
> various other reasons.

Yeah, the thing is you really need to completely drop the old indexes
before even starting your application (we have a console with various admin
features from where we can launch a reindex).

FWIW, I put into production this morning 2 applications using ORM 5 and
Search 5.5. Hope to migrate more of them in the next few months.

--
Guillaume