[hibernate-dev] No ValidatorFactory exposed through "javax.persistence.validation.factory" in WF 10 CR1

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 08:51:43 EDT 2015

Gunnar,

In a standard bootstrap, the map parameter in the call to
createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceUnitInfo info, Map map),
should have the ValidatorFactory.

For the path that your debugging (2 phase bootstrap),
org.hibernate.jpa.boot.spi.EntityManagerFactoryBuilder.withValidatorFactory(Object)
should of been called.  If the Hibernate ORM version is 4.3 or 5.0, we
should be calling EntityManagerFactoryBuilder.withValidatorFactory,
could you check if that was called or not?

Scott