[hibernate-dev] Master

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Apr 7 11:34:24 EDT 2016

As a follow up to this...

Sanne had a great suggestion on HipChat.  What about turning all this work
(sans SQM, etc) into a 5.2 as an "end of line for 5.0.  The idea would be
5.2 would include:

   1. Move to Java 8
   2. Consolidation of hibernate-entitymanager into hibernate-core
   3. Deprecations, lots of deprecations :)

The idea is that then we could start 6.0 off "clean" by removing all the
deprecations and layering in SQM work.