[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Scope of the first version with ES support

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 18 13:08:06 EDT 2016

Hi,
thanks for starting this discussion: agreed on the need to release
something soon!

One word of caution though: it looks like media are picking up on this
work with interest so I expect a good amount of people to try the
first "preview" out; yet the expectations will probably be higher than
usual.

+1 to identify a MVP and to make it very clear what's not done yet, as
we know that people won't easily forgive and some will not give us a
second chance with a 5.7.

Your list looks good; [BTW I thought that HSEARCH-2092 was very easy?].

You're all very welcome to mark things "blocker" when the user
experience is not good, for example I just raised Emmanuel's feedback
HSEARCH-2213 to blocker.

After Beta1 we'll start to explicitly mark issues for 5.7, unless you
feel the need to mark some already? I'd rather mark some as lower
priority, and we all keep in mind that if you have time you should
pick a higher-priority task, I just don't feel like moving low-hanging
fruits out yet if there's a chance to implement some of these as well.

Speaking of Beta1 .. I hope soon (10 days?) but that will have to wait
on feature completeness of our list, we can do time-boxing for the
next milestone but I think the major ones need to be all done, so no
timeboxing for the specific Beta1, CR and Final.

+1 for a quick CR & Final after Beta phase.. as you say, people don't
really provide much feedback until it's "final tech preview" ;)

Thanks,
Sanne