[hibernate-dev] Various expectation changes in hibernate-core after consolidating hibernate-entitymanager

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 25 06:37:14 EDT 2016

Gunnar's words seem wise to me: users will need to have the JPA API on
classpath anyway, so I don't see why we should have - and maintain -
strategies for different kind of exceptions.

This might have been useful in the past, but looking forward?

If the reasoning is that Hibernate - having more features - could
throw more specific and informative exceptions, we could have some
Hibernate exceptions to subclass the JPA ones?

Would be nice to avoid breaking the expected exception types in a
minor, so I'm not sure if you can do that in all cases by subclassing
the JPA ones, but I suspect it can get you a long way.