[hibernate-dev] Jackson vs Gson

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Apr 29 03:24:27 EDT 2016

Gson is used by Jest (our client for talking to Elasticsearch) internally.

So we could change our own JSON serialization routines to work with Jackson
or even plain StringBuilder if we liked (we took care to make the usage of
Gson an implementation detail), but the dependency to Gson would still be
needed.

We could reconsider the usage of Jest altogether, but I'd hope that's a
discussion we can have at a later point, so to focus on getting the first
Tech Preview out to users?

--Gunnar