[hibernate-dev] Importing OGM in Eclipse: workaround needed [AKA: the domino effect of fixing your own tools..]

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Aug 9 17:51:37 EDT 2016

Hi all,
I was having critical issues with Eclipse / OGM after a recent rebase,
which seemed was caused by:
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/OGM-1102

The new maven-jar-plugin is no longer compatible with latest m2e
integration, Fred Bricon already published an m2e preview with a fix;
if you have this problem use this updated site to update m2e:
 - https://otto.takari.io/content/sites/m2e.extras/m2eclipse-mavenarchiver/0.17.2/N/LATEST/

But there's a punch line.. the compatibility was broken because
plex-tools, a dependency of maven-jar-plugin, was upgraded .. who
would ever do such a thing!!! what an idiot :D :
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAR-205

As an alternative to update m2e could apply this patch:
 - https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/commit/36b37f76215e52b235ed362e6be0f7d40a4a12e9

I'm tempted to throw my patch away and stick to the m2e preview.. let
me know if you all prefer me to apply the workaround on OGM.. the
benefit would be that Eclipse Neon would be able to import OGM out of
the box, however I expect m2e will automatically update soon enough.

At least I had an honest LOL..

Cheers,