[hibernate-dev] HHH-10770

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Aug 30 04:58:44 EDT 2016

I don't think we ever came back to you on that one.
No we have no plan on backporting this feature nor other features in
general.

Steve wrote a nice piece of why we take a relatively hard stance on
older releases
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/wiki/Huge-Project,-Small-Team

It's a bit sad for Spring Boot users but with the pros of such tools
comes the curse of lagging behind a bit in versions. We do struggle with
these concerns in our own Wildfly and Wildfly Swarm.

Emmanuel