[hibernate-dev] Supporting timezone in Timestamp Type

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:07:42 EDT 2016

Hi,

While reviewing the Pull Request for this issue:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/1536

I realized that we can improve the default TimestampType as follows:

1. We could make it parameterizable so that it can also take a custom
timezone (UTC) during mapping.
2. We could also define a default timezone so that we don't rely on the JVM
one. This might be desirable when the UI requires to display the time in a
certain timezone, while we want to save all timestamps in UTC.

Let me know what you think.

Vlad