[hibernate-dev] http://www.hibernatespatial.org/

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 19 10:25:12 EST 2016

Karel, a user was asking about problems using the hibernate-spatial mailing
list on IRC which precipitated a discussion about how we want deal with
these things moving forward.  For example, the
http://www.hibernatespatial.org/ site is still up and running and really
has no indication that the move to integrate Spatial into Hibernate proper
was completed.  What do you want to have happen with that website/URL?

As for other infrastructure, what would you like to have happen?  It seems
like hibernate-spatial is a more user-focused mailing list, as opposed to a
dev mailing list?  If so, Hibernate does not really do user mailing lists.
We prefer the forums or StackOverflow for user questions, so there is not a
straight "migration".  You can obviously keep the hibernate-spatial mailing
list running too, but we should have some idea how to help users who are
having trouble with it on the website (which website depends on what you
decide to do with http://www.hibernatespatial.org/.

Any other things we should discuss in terms of infrastructure?

Davide, what was the exact problem the user on IRC was complaining about
wrt the hibernate-spatial mailing list?