[hibernate-dev] Question regarding the JPA 1.0 decision of making ToOne associations as EAGER

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 12:40:49 EST 2016

Thanks,

Rhe only reason I found is this paragraph:

"The EAGER default for OneToOne and ManyToOne is for implementation reasons
(more difficult to implement), not because it is a good idea. Technically
in JPA LAZY is just a hint, and a JPA provider is not required to support
it, however in reality all main JPA providers support it, and they would be
pretty useless if they did not."

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Persistence/Relationships#Lazy_Fetching

Vlad