[hibernate-dev] HHH-9548 - stored procedures and null parameter values

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jan 5 13:11:48 EST 2016

HHH-9548[1] presents an interesting conundrum in terms of how to handle
null parameter values in regards to stored procedures and specifically in
terms of any argument defaults that might be defined on the database.  At
the moment our support decides to not pass along the null in the desire to
not "over power" any defined argument defaults - if we pass the NULL, the
database would use that rather than the defined argument default.

Essentially it is one of those 50/50 calls.  I started a discussion on the
JIRA, but please add your thoughts...

[1] https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-9548