[hibernate-dev] Hibernate forum inactive users pruning

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:00:23 EST 2016

There must have been some checks probably when the Home page was rendered,
but you can check it out and see the result.
I wish I could find a way to delete banned users too.

My banning routine goes like this:

1. I ban the email address or the whole domain if it's one of those
temporary email domains used by spammers
2. I then delete the spam account to make sure we don't store unnecessary
users in the DB

I noticed that the amount of spam has been reduced, although we still have
it.
They seem to bother to open a Gmail account just to send a post that's not
even visible.
I guess they do it manually, since Gmail should have a more robust Captcha
mechanism.

Vlad