[hibernate-dev] Not letting Jenkins auto-close PRs upon build failures

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 8 08:39:54 EST 2016

Do you have an example of such a PR being closed?

For sure that was never our intention, but be aware that such options
can be set globally on the ci server as project detaults, but can be
overriden in a specific build task. So I'd check the build task which
did this as for example Search PRs seem fine.

In my experience every time we upgrade Jenkins plugins there are such
issues like changes of defaults, or sometimes the plugin configuration
formats change so we lose some details.

I didn't update plugins recently, but a service crash - AFAIR it was
the 24th of December - had me restart the server. At that point I also
installed system (security) patches, but while this might have
triggered a micro update of Jenkins itself for some security reason,
it shouldn't have affected plugins.
Another option I can think of is that someone had previously requested
the update, but didn't reboot the service so the update was only
applied during my reboot.