[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM and Java 8 usage

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:55:14 EST 2016

I used Java 8 syntax in the User Guide tests as I remembered that tests can
use it, but I also agree that this is a rather strange move.
Since we need to support Java 1.6, maybe it's a better idea to use the
latest JDK just in the modules where we have no other choice.
For testing, I think that 1.6 is just fine and I could easily change those
tests to remove the 1.8 dependency.

So I vote for using the same JDK for both main and test in a particular
module.

Vlad