[hibernate-dev] HHH-8076 - CDI-capable entity listeners

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 22 16:38:02 EST 2016

If it matters, my plan is as follows...

Currently JpaIntegrator is the central point for this processing.  The
general premise is that it builds a CallbackRegistry, a ListenerFactory and
a CallbackProcessor.  It then uses the CallbackProcessor and ListenerFactory
to populate the CallbackRegistry.  This part is the crux of the problem
with HHH-8076 as after this JpaIntegrator call it is expected that
CallbackRegistry
be fully initialized (all Callbacks resolved and ready to go).

So the plan is to instead invert these relationships to where we build
a CallbackRegistry
that is aware of the ListenerFactory and CallbackProcessor (actually I
think CallbackProcessor can go away).  This is the point in the suggested
solution described for HHH-8076 where we'd check the BeanManager to see if
it is a BeanManagerExtension and decide whether to delay the
initialization.  If that plan causes trouble for anyone, please speak up
asap.  If not, I'll proceed.

Thanks!