[hibernate-dev] People can't find our docs

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Jul 19 08:39:13 EDT 2016

Hi Guillaume,

yes I'm aware of the issue; we discussed it before, I think on this
same mailing list but maybe it was during our last meeting.

We really need to fix that metadata; Stefania (my partner) is an SEO
consultant and is shocked at how bad we do with this; apparently we
are a funny example in her office but at least we're not the worst :)

The problem is we can't change the headers as we don't control the
Apache httpd configuraion on the documentation server, so the
alternative is we'd need to rsync those docs locally, insert the right
changes in the static files of the docs, and push them back.

Needs a volunteer to find some time for this.

Also related to SEO I recently opened some issues on our WEBSITE
project, these should be easier to fix as it's directly under our
control:
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/WEBSITE-461
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/WEBSITE-460
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/WEBSITE-459

I've assigned them to Davide as he's usually quick with such things
but anyone is welcome to take some.

The metadata issue on the docs server is probably the most urgent /
valuable though.

Thanks,
Sanne