[hibernate-dev] 6.0 - Type redesign

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 22 09:22:25 EDT 2016

Vlad and I already spoke about some form of native (or at least more easily
user defined) support for SQL ARRAY types.  However, I do not know that
that will extend to ARRAYs of entities.

That said... all the methods to read a value on Type will be passed a
Session.  I think that was a mistake in the first iteration of Type to not
always pass it.  From Session you would have access to everything you ask
about.