[hibernate-dev] Deprecation of Maven coordinates: where's hibernate-entitymanager ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 7 04:42:09 EDT 2016

I've seen quite some people struggling with the upgrade to Hibernate
ORM 5.2 as they think that hibernate-entitymanager was either
mistakenly not uploaded, or wasn't synched to Maven Central yet.

Could we restore the pom.xml for this artifact and have it redirect to
hibernate-orm ?

Doing so we'll be able to get a proper warning to people consuming
Hibernate via dependency management tools.

We have a similar pom in Hibernate Search, feel free to copy it:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/blob/master/legacy/pom.xml#L23-L29

Thanks,