[hibernate-dev] Module ZIP for upgrading Hibernate ORM in WildFly

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 7 09:19:11 EDT 2016

Hi,

As discussed by some of us during the No ORM meeting in May, it'd be great
if there was a module ZIP allowing people to easily upgrade Hibernate ORM
in the WildFly version they are using.

Just the other day there was a blog post published [1] describing how to
use Hibernate ORM 5.2 in WF 10, essentially via Search & Replace on the
existing module.xml files. We could do better than that, leaving the
original version intact and providing a new one with a specific slot
("5.2") in the ZIP.

That'd also be helpful for other projects such as Hibernate OGM which
already provide a module ZIP for WF but currently need to package ORM, too,
in case they need features from a later ORM version.

If we all agree that's a good thing to have, I can help with making it
happen.

Thanks,

--Gunnar

[1]