[hibernate-dev] Java 9: progress on compatibility
sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 10 17:38:37 EDT 2016
please try to have a look at this page when you have a moment:
Hibernate Search is working, and it shouldn't be too hard to get the
others "green" as well.
I've disabled some integration tests to get there, notably:
- OSGi tests: Karaf is not ready for it.
- Documentation build: Asciidoc will probably need an update.
- WildFly integration tests: the WildFly team is aware, will need a
I don't believe these issues are relevant, so I'm satisfied that all
other tests working fine mean that the project will pretty much work
out of the box for end users - at worst their container won't work,
but that's not our responsibility to test for.
Could you all contribute a bit to get all projects show "green" on this page?
Some "workarounds" you might want to apply:
- the Logger interfaces won't compile because of a known issue, this
can be worked around for now by having the compilation phase also
explicitly depend on this artifact:
- you'll have a ClassNotFoundException on JAXB usage unless you set
this JVM flag: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/blob/master/pom.xml#L1429
(This one is not a bug but will be required to be set by end users as
well - or we provide our own XML parser, that might be more user
As far as I know, other issues with the build tools have been solved
already - including Gradle.
More information about the hibernate-dev