[hibernate-dev] Java 9: progress on compatibility

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sun Jun 12 16:18:10 EDT 2016

Some more progress by simply setting this environment variable:
  GRADLE_OPTS="-XaddExports:java.security.sasl/com.sun.security.sasl.digest=ALL-UNNAMED
-XaddExports:java.security.sasl/com.sun.security.sasl=ALL-UNNAMED
-XaddExports:jdk.compiler/com.sun.tools.javac.api=ALL-UNNAMED
-XaddExports:jdk.unsupported/sun.reflect=ALL-UNNAMED -addmods
java.xml.bind"

But it's getting tricky:

Caused by: compile error: javassist.NotFoundException: java.lang.String
   at javassist.compiler.Javac.compileBody(Javac.java:229)
   at javassist.CtBehavior.setBody(CtBehavior.java:438)
   ... 76 more

This seems to be caused by the following plugin, which I'm not familiar with:
 - org.hibernate.build.gradle.inject.InjectionAction.execute(InjectionAction.java:62)
Is this something which we could disable/skip/remove for now, or
update to not require Javassist?

Thanks,
sanne