[hibernate-dev] Merging hibernate spatial Dialects with the core ones

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 27 09:53:47 EDT 2016

They have not been "merged" in the same way we merged
hibernate-entitymanager into hibernate-core.    So at the moment using
hibernate-core e.g. does not require geolatte to be present.  geolatte is
only required if using hibernate-spatial (isolated transitive dep).

Karel, what are your thoughts on this?  I am not a fan of making geolatte
optional/provided, but if we all deem that folding hibernate-spatial into
hibernate-core (ala hibernate-entitymanager) as Vlad suggests is desirable
then I will accept that