[hibernate-dev] Module ZIP for upgrading Hibernate ORM in WildFly

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 27 10:00:25 EDT 2016

Hey,

I've sent PR https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/1455 earlier
today for this.

> What happens if we copy the contents of the org.hibernate.jipijapa-hibernate5
module, to org.hibernate.jipijapa-hibernate5-1.
> Change org.hibernate.jipijapa-hibernate5-1, to depend on ORM 5.1 and
change ORM 5.1 to depend on org.hibernate.jipijapa-hibernate5-1.

Yes, that's what I ended up doing. At first I wasn't aware of that circular
dependency between the two modules, thus missing to update one of the
references to the 5.1 slot and hence pulling in the WF-provided ORM.

> I'm guessing but most likely by copying the above module reference to
"org.hibernate.jipijapa-hibernate5" into the ORM 5.1 module.xml.

Exactly.

Alternatively, I just could add the JipiJapa adapter JAR to my ORM 5.1
module, itself. But I decided to stick to the original WF structure as
close as possible.

That dependency to org.hibernate:main from org.jboss.as.ejb3 still looks a
bit scary. My simple test passes, not sure whether that may be a problem in
other cases, though?

--Gunnar