[hibernate-dev] Module ZIP for upgrading Hibernate ORM in WildFly

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 27 11:44:24 EDT 2016

On 27 June 2016 at 16:23, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:

>> That dependency to org.hibernate:main from org.jboss.as.ejb3 still looks
>> a bit scary. My simple test passes, not sure whether that may be a
>> problem in other cases, though?
>>

> Sorry, I missed this part of your email.  EJB3 timers are using Hibernate

Thanks Scott, that sounds reassuring. May we assume that this is not
exported in any way to user's classpath?

Also, I see no instance of a "import org.hibernate" string in those
sources. Am I understanding correctly that the dependency is there
just to have a JPA implementation,
and while it happens to be tested with Hibernate, the dependency is
actually flexible?

Thanks,
Sanne