[hibernate-dev] SQM - new single phase interpretation of HQL/JPQL

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 1 16:16:44 EST 2016

Today Andrea and I spent the day investigating interpreting of HQL/JPQL
into SQM in just a single phase as opposed to the previous 2-phase approach
(all FromClauses as first phase, and then the rest of statements as
second).  Andrea had the idea to try this again (both he and I tried
previously), and today we were able to make it happen!

As a result interpreting HQL/JPQL into SQM should be even faster now.

We also took the opportunity to clean up.

Enjoy!  I am sure we will have more tomorrow, but we should be focusing on
the ORM integration mostly moving forward.