[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search connecting to multiple Elasticsearch clusters

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 8 07:04:46 EST 2016

Hi,

Good question, I have been wondering the same.

I think we could even support this 5.6, essentially it's just a matter
of structuring the properties and how we read them. I basically
started with a single cluster to get to something working more
quickly, but it shouldn't take long to change that now.

Only in the docs we need to make clear that index sharing / queries do
not work across cluster boundaries.

If we don't do it now, at least let's change the prop name into
"hibernate.search.default.elasticsearch.host" so it's not breaking if
we add support for index-specific overrides down the road.

--Gunnar